Microbicidal Activity: The following table indicates the spectrum of activity as demonstrated by testing of MetriCide OPA Plus Solution using prescribed test methods. Bactericidal, Fungicidal, Tuberculocidal and Sporicidal Tests all passed in 5 minutes at 25°C.*
Poliovirus Type 1ENVELOPED
Influenza virus Type A [Hong Kong]
*See product label for more details.
- Ortho-phthalaldehyde (OPA) based high-level disinfectant that provides a broad spectrum of protection against many microbials including TB, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, HIV-1 and Poliovirus Type 1.
- Fast, effective, value alternative to other OPA brands - provides up to 40% more reprocessing cycles in an automatic endoscope reprocessor (AER) and has .05% more active ingredient
- Fast acting! Disinfects in 5 minutes at 25°C in an AER; 12 minutes at 20°C in manual reprocessing
- Ready to Use! No mixing or activation
- Increased productivity! Improves device turnaround time and reduces reprocessing costs
- Gentle! Tested compatible with common endoscopes and a wide variety of materials
- Long lasting! Up to 14-day reuse life when monitored with test strips
- 2 year shelf life and 75-day open bottle shelf life
- No harsh smell, unlike glutaraldehydes
- Faster test strip development! 60 seconds versus 90 seconds for other brands, with easier-to-read pass/fail distinctions (magenta/yellow) than other brands (purple/blue)